Sunday, April 5

I walked 300 miles this weekend

I went to San Francisco this weekend. Any doubt that I was having has now subsided. I absolutely love it in the bay area and cant wait to wake up every morning there. Its not a place I could imagine living for too long, but for the next couple years I can see it as home. I took a flight up there early (as in 6am early..) friday morning with Virgin America. Side note: if you've never flown with Virgin America I highly recommend you do. They're new so they have the cheapest flights (under $100 round trip to san fran) and honestly have the coolest planes. In front of each chair is a touch screen computer that you can play games, watch tv (mtv, cnn, disney, msnbc, fox... pretty much all the prime channels), start a chat with people in any other seat on the plane, listen to a huge list of music they have, GPS telling you where your plane is, browse the web.... list goes on.. all for FREE. & for a few bucks you could buy a movie if you want. So say theres a cutie few seats back, send her a lil message (pretty much exactly like AIM) and say whats up. All around awesome plane, kept me entertained the whole 1 hour flight..

Anyway, got to san fran, took the Bart (aka my new best friend) from the airport to the city & spent the day doing tourist stuff. Had lunch at this place in Fisherman's Wharf called Scomas, so yummyy. san fran definitely has some good seafood..Ended the night with an Irish Coffee (mm mmm) and a couple glasses of wine. Woke up the next morning and walked from our hotel downtown to the Bart. On the way they had a farmers market along the street so checked out some of that, got a few free samples.. also saw 4 wild parrots just sitting on top of one of the buildings. I was convinced someone took their birds out for a lil fly but apparently they have wild parrots in sf....took the bart to Daly City which has a free shuttle that takes you to SFSU. Walked around my campus for a few hours talking to people and figuring out what classes I need to take for my marketing major and also looking into different transportation that's available. You either pay $300 for a parking permit or $45 a month for a Muni pass (just another type of transportation people use around SF). According to everyone I talked to, its harder to find a parking spot on campus then it is to find a parking spot downtown SF so depending on where I live ill most likely just get the muni pass. Its weird how San Diego honestly has NO good alternative transportation.. we have the trolley which the few times I've rode has taken forever and it really isn't convenient unless you are going to the chargers/padres game. besides that what do we have? I like that I'm gonna have so many other options to choose from when I go up there.. I still plan on taking my car but we'll see how much I really need it.



i hate heights
Photobucket

the bart
Photobucket

just entering the city from the bart
Photobucket

you win, too hot for boots
Photobucket

being my usual cool self
Photobucket

pretty lady we ran into on the streets
Photobucket

just a typical awkward picture of me..
Photobucket

bath salts mmm
Photobucket

dads company, Boudin Bakery
Photobucket

they were kiiisssinggg
Photobucket

helping my mom pick out sunglasses...success
Photobucket

congested china town
Photobucket

oh china town, how I love to not fit in
Photobucket

walk to union square
Photobucket

Photobucket

nap time..it was a long, LONG walk..
Photobucket

Union Square
Photobucket

Photobucket

taking the cable car back to the hotel
Photobucket

Photobucket
Irish Coffee (coffee, irish whiskey & whipped cream is a deadly combo)
Photobucket

WILD PARROTS!
Photobucket

not something you see in san diego
Photobucket

downtown SF weird spider sculpture
Photobucket

beautiful bay bridge in the background
Photobucket

bart
Photobucket


After touring my school, went back to the airport, got dinner and flew home. Short but needed trip. weirdest thing, on the flight home just as we were about to start decending, I start getting the weirdest feeling in my head. My forehead started to get that tingly feeling you get when your foot falls asleep.. I tried to be calm about it but it got really intense so my mom noticed and was convinced I was about to pass out. Probably has to do with being so sick & congested and the pressure from flying.. note to self: never fly sick. left starting to feel better, came back with a fever :( Besides that, I looked at my different options on where I want to live and I pretty much have it down to 2 areas. My next obstacle is going to be finding an affordable living situation and a job. I know it will all work out though. Plan is to be up there by August.


"what most people need to learn in life is how to love people and use things instead of using people and loving things”
— unknown

No comments: