Saturday, April 25

my week summed up

A couple from our church invited Rocco and I to their 1 year olds birthday party that was going on today. At first I was a little worried about going because I didnt want to feel awkward with a bunch of families and then two random college kids.. but ended up having the most fun. Ran around for awhile with all the kids, got all the kids to jump on Rocco and tickle him (the usual), played a little duck duck goose, then ended the party with a good conversation with some of the adults. The pastors wife was there and came up to Rocco and I thanking us for everything we do with FloodKids. She was saying how her son is constantly talking about us and how excited he is about sunday mornings now. Its so amazing to know that not only do we feel so blessed to have this opportunity to run the 5th/6th grade classroom but that the kids are being impacted just as much.

Emilie is moving up to San Fran now :) Woooo... didnt think I could get any more excited about this move but that definitely topped the cake. 3 more months left here.. Just booked a flight to go up there in May t0 start looking at different places to live.

Last Friday went to Dave & Busters with everyone (peter, drucker, kerp, adrienne....). I don't know how anyone can say that place is not fun. Its like a chucky cheese but for adults, amazing! Definitely wish I would've got a little more skee ball in while i was there but had a good time regardless. The end of the night could have been better but I wont get into that......

Last night Rocco and I were planning on going downtown towards the waterfront area and decided to stop at the used book store first to look for a gift for one of his buddies. (side note: I could get lost in a used book store for hours. Its like opening a treasure chest when you find one with a handwritten message on the inside.. "to peggy, with all my love...." Always makes me wonder the story that goes behind the giving of that book.. who the people were.. what compelled that person to give that certain book to the other person..where they were in their lives.. the older the book the better.) As we were getting out of the car this homeless man walking by with a cane stopped and started up a conversation with us. He asked if he could have a dollar to go buy a 99 cent burger and we said we didnt have any cash but would walk with him there and buy him something on our debit card. He accepted. Ended up being a really cool guy. Made me realize how much I miss going downtown and visiting the homeless. His name was Hubert and he had a cute southern accent :)


“So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It’s probably worth it.” — The Beach

No comments: