Tuesday, April 14

trying on a new outfit

In regards to me moving to San Francisco..

"thats the thing about Jen, she has no idea what she wants so she just does all these random things...."

The person who said this is someone I have not talked to in over a year. The fact that this was said doesn't bother me at all, but it got me thinking...

I want to go to San Francisco.
I want to get a degree in business-marketing.
I want to move to move to Colorado after I get my bachelors degree & live there for one year to declare residency & then get my masters out there.
Some day I want to raise my family in Colorado.

I know exactly what I want to happen. Am I sure if any of this will go as I WANT it to? heeeck no. Is anyone?? I think everyone has an idea of how they'd LIKE their life to pan out & so we try our best to make that happen. We make decisions that help lead us to that desire. We try out new things and if it doesn't work we try something new. If you never tried out new things then how would you have any idea what you truly did desire? I have a friend who was accepted into sfsu and he decided to decline that acceptance. Obviously it had been something he at one point possibly wanted, but until that opportunity was actually handed to him he didnt realize that was not what he truly did want. How could anyone ever criticize someone for trying out new things to find what they want???? I hate this analogy but its like clothes.. we try them on in the dressing room to see what fits us best. Sometimes something looks like itll be perfect but it turns out looking awful. Then we eventually grow out of certain clothes & have to buy new ones...

aaaand I'm beginning to ramble. I have had so much on my mind this past week that I cant even think straight. There have been a handful of 'fork in the road' decisions that have been placed in my lap this week.. I have spent the past few days going over each choice and trying to put aside 'what I want' and doing what is best for myself & my future... decisions decisions decisions...If only I could read the last page first..

No comments: