Tuesday, October 14

where words fail, music speaks

My friend & his roommates bring their guitar and harmonica to a congested corner downtown and play to make money. I never imagined to be so intrigued by this. Over the weekend I sat and talked to one of the guys for awhile. He told me about how he travels around the United States with nothing but a backpack. He would hop on trains to wherever they would take him then hitchhike from there. He would either sleep in the streets or he said on most occasions a person would be so humble and kind to let him stay with them. He has the most fascinating stories. It's crazy to imagine doing something like this. I mean, I'd imagine that the circumstances are a lot different for a boy doing this as opposed to a girl. But still, how many people can truly say they'd walk away from everything they have to explore the world? A job, a significant other, family, friends, a bed to call your own... must truly make you value all the small things that life offers.


"Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

XO: JENNiFER

1 comment:

Peter Nudo said...

I liked this. Also, awesome title.