Monday, November 10

the beauty of fall

Its hard to not be in a good mood this month. As the weather begins to get colder the warmth of peoples hearts shine. Everyone just seems so much more willing to give and let the caring part of themselves take over. I love it! This will be my last year in San Diego before I move away so I've just really been trying to take it all in and not let my days slip past me. There are so many people who dream of living in San Diego and I feel that majority of the time I don't value what a beautiful city I live in. These past few weeks I've been having the best time doing the most random things that San Diego has to offer. For instance, Saturday I was in the downtown area and "stumbled" across this front yard...

this was what we made out to be a frog wearing a cowboy hat
look behind the frog with a cowboy hat and youll see a monkey (little arrow) on an elephants (bigger arrow) back

Apparently these people have a full time gardener who spends 4 hours a day working on their yard. Each bush is a different work of art. Its almost as if you are gazing up at clouds and letting your imagination take control. Except rather than clouds they are bushes. Their neighbor came outside and was talking to us for a little. He was an older man and was wearing the shortest shorts I've ever seen on a man and a button down shirt that was only buttoned once in the middle allowing his grey chest hair to scream out at you. The first thing he said when he approached us was "Its so nice to see a group a young people, let me ask you, what does B-F-F mean?? I was thinking boyfriend but I cant figure out the second F. Its all over the television and in the newspaper!" he pretty much made my day.

When I got home that day I cooked my mom dinner. It was her birthday on Friday and I was gonna cook for her then but my dad informed me last minute that we were going out to dinner. I made her eggplant parmesan. I've never had eggplant, let alone ever cooked with it. But surprisingly, it came out pretty good! I added ricotta cheese to make it more like a lasagna. My mom is one of those people that value every little thing about life. Shes been through so much this past year and she smiles through it all. So you can imagine how grateful she was to have someone cook her dinner. This is off topic, but isn't technology fabulous? Rather than having a cook book out I was looking on my computer. Imagine what the future holds for technology in the kitchen..

Last night Robbie Seay Band played at my church. Theres something about a raspy voice and acoustic that gets to me. They played a few months back and im glad they came back. Soo good. Robbies brother, Chris Seay, was the speaker for that service. He has a book out right now called, The Gospel According to the Sopranos. Interesting title, caught my attention. He was hilarious and connected with a lot of people there I'm sure. A really down to earth guy, putting what it is to be a Christian in terms that almost anyone can relate with. Towards the end of his speech he began talking about Luke 5. I've heard this plenty of times in the past but every time I hear it it hits me more and more. Particularly Luke 5:29-32. I feel this is a constant question, struggle, whatever you want to call it, that everyone will face while being a Christian and its important to remember this verse.

My goal for today was to finish most of my studying that I had and so far the most productive thing I've done is make a pb&j sandwich. Time to make use of my time before work.

XO: JENNiFER

No comments: