Tuesday, November 11

my minds in overdrive

Thanks to mister Joshua Drucker I finally got to try a cupcake from Sprinkles. Ahhhh sooo good!! If you're ever in the LA area you need to stop by there and get a red velvet cupcake. Even if you aren't a cupcake fan (if thats even possible?) this will surely please your taste buds. Not gonna lie though, Heavenly cupcake falls pretty close behind.

I have 2 huge tests tomorrow that I cant seem to focus on. I have so much running through my mind right now. Its always that last month of the semester that gets me. Im sure im not the only one considering I no longer need to get to campus 30 minutes early just to find a parking spot. I hate it cause I start looking back to what I was learning at the beginning of the semester compared to now and think 'why was I even stressing then???". Luckily my schedule next semester will be a lot easier. Just need to power through this and get it done with.

I went last night to feed the homeless. A backpack filled with water bottles and snacks was all it took to make 16th street shine. On my way home the song "Emerson Drive-Moments" came on and I cant think of a more suitable song. I feel that all too often people will try to ignore what is going on outside of their bubble. I use to be that type of person who would turn my cheek when I'd see a homeless person asking me for change. If I turned my cheek then it wasn't going on. But whether we choose to acknowledge it or not there are problems out there. Mother Teresa was said to have gone that extra mile while the rest of the world was taking an inch. I'm sure if we all just took a foot towards these problems we could create a much deeper impact that this world so desperately needs.

Needless to say, I met a lot of interesting people last night. My favorite was this women name Linda. She was cooking the grosssessst looking food on a portable gas stove and generously offered me some but fortunatly for me I had just ate. Everything she said she would relate to a motto. Funny lady, kept me laughing. Majority of the people we talked to were saying how badly they want a better life. Some are working towards that, while others seem to have lost hope. Being out there and knowing I made atleast one person smile is a gift in itself.

"There are many in the world who are dying for a piece of bread, but there are many more dying for a little love." -Mother Teresa

No comments: