Saturday, September 27

best kept secrets in san diego

Last night I went and saw a movie at 'Cinema Under the Stars' in Mission Hills. I can't believe I have been deprived from this place up until now!! Picture a movie theater but without the roof, in love. They show older movies, all the classics (Casablanca, Citizen Kane, Breakfast at Tiffany's..). Although, the one they were showing last night was Ed Wood (made about 15 years ago). Its a Tim Burton movie, black and white with Johnny Depp as the lead role. I wouldn't watch it again but I liked it, so different. The way the place is set up is they have these comfy reclining chairs all in the front. The back row is some tables and chairs, then the very back is the love seats. They even give you a soft blanket that smells like grandpa. The people there loved us for some reason. They were so persistent about trying to get us in the love seat (our final decision: the comfy reclining chairs). Once we sat down they came up and gave us free candy. I didn't hear what they said the reason for giving it to us was but my friend said it was cause we're a hot couple owww.

ticket line
Once you walk in
.

Afterward we walked around trying to find somewhere that served spaghetti. We ended up going to this small bar and grill and getting a sandwich. My friend just got a condo downtown, so we went there to check it out when we were finished eating. His friends puppy was there, a black lab. ahhh so cute!!! His place was super nice. I'm jealous of everyone that lives in the city. I love the city, everything about it..the atmosphere, the people, the old buildings, the diversity... I honestly could sit on the corner and people watch for hours. There are so many interesting people downtown. As well as so many things to explore. You could live in San Diego your whole life and still not know of half of the hidden secrets that downtown has to offer..one day I will live in the city. I will wake up every morning, open my door, breath in the air and smile thanking God that I am alive.

I really want to go to the new cupcake place that just opened downtown, anyone down?? Mmm, a little bite of heaven! For my wedding I just want one giant red velvet cupcake.. a huge one! Worlds biggest cupcake status. With extra (extraaa) cream cheese frosting, please. Jill told me the other day "you always have to be different Jen, always have to be different." Very true. The ordinary is too boring.

XO: JENNiFER

No comments: