Sunday, September 21

there is no telling how many miles you will have to run while chasing a dream

It seems that no matter how steady your life is you are always going to encounter obstacles. I feel that it's the attitude you take with these obstacles that define how the outcome will be. You see, I am content in life right now. I feel like everything that I need at this moment is present. Yet, there are still times when my mind starts to go into overdrive. This is something you can't always control. I start getting this feeling inside of me that something is missing and I cant figure it out.

Lately, this has been the main obstacle that I keep coming to. It wasn't until recently that I finally figured out the solution to get past this. I always have had someone else in the picture. For the first time in my life, I stopped searching. Rather than placing my feelings in another person, I have directed my attention towards other things. I was always the one telling everyone "you need to learn to love yourself before you are capable of loving someone else". Yet, I was never following my own advice. So rather than loving myself, I'd invest my feelings into someone for a few months. As soon as things began to get serious and I became at risk of getting hurt, I'd get out. The cycle would then repeat itself with the next innocent victim. So by me not getting hurt, I began to unknowingly hurt others. What I'm getting at is that this "something" that is missing is not "someone". At least not right now at this point in my life.

After last night, I am positive that I want to move to San Francisco. I look forward to the memories being created in a new city. 3 Friends on a new journey in life. Being in a new area will add excitement, the beginning chapter of my life. Now this excitement my friends, is the "something" that is missing.

Anyspray, I love finding a song that completely expresses how I'm feeling. My playlist consists of about 5 songs right now that I listen to excessively. Ohh and I saw this car yesterday when Jill and I were out to lunch, thought it was cute & clever..
I need to go shopping for my dads birthday gift & finish some homework. Until next time..

XO: Jennifer

No comments: