Wednesday, September 10

My first blog

I started my day off today with a conversation with Peter. Although he always gives me his life lectures, today really got me thinking. He was saying how I always fall for weird guys, but then followed up by saying that's because I'm a weird girl. I used to hate when people called me weird.. but now when some one does I reply with a smile and sincere “thank you”. When it comes down to it, who wants to be ordinary? In our society today, we are taught to blend in. If you can strive past that, well that's just fabulous :) Make a difference in the world, be somebody.

It also got me thinking about relationships. At this point in my life, I have so many goals and dreams that I want to accomplish. It seems as if I'm always searching for some one, but why? I continue to settle for less than I deserve for a temporary lapse of happiness. I think it's because I dated some one for so long that it is what I'm used to. I like the feeling of having somebody by my side. But then again, who doesn't? I'm realizing that right now what I need most is to focus on my life. I don't need any more distractions to prevent my dreams from coming true.

No comments: