Thursday, September 11

love vs lust

“Even if you think the flame has died, there's at least one lyric that'll hit that last hot spot, and then you'll find yourself as fucked as you were the day you lied and said you never wanted to see her again.” -John Mayer

Isn't it weird how a song can bring you back to a certain time in your life? I hate when you're in the car and one of those songs come on the radio and it brings you back. I was looking through my computer earlier and came across this email I had written my ex once I had finally moved on...here is a little snippet from it...

"I am writing you to apologize for the person I was. The person you had to put up with for so long. I know its hard for us to be friends right now, but I truly do hope that one day I can look at you as a friend. I feel we both have changed a lot and I can honestly say that I don't know you anymore and its probably the weirdest feeling ever. We both went our separate ways, but that is a part of growing up. and it took me a long time to accept that but I finally have."

we're friends now (if you would even call it that..). I guess a better word for it would be "civil". Gosh, it's so weird to think that at one point we were so compatible!!! To think that at one point we thought we were so in love .. but true 'love never fails' (1 Corinthians 13). So was it lust..?

No comments: